Test of Essential Academic Skills
The TEAS assessment correlates with early nursing school success and consists of four sections: Reading, Mathematics, Science and English Language and Usage. Furthermore, results on the assessment are classified in five categories according to the individual’s overall level of academic preparedness vital to facilitate the learning of nursing content. Per considerable research, individuals achieving an overall score of Proficient (the middle category and the St. Elizabeth – University of Saint Francis standard) or higher on the TEAS or ATI TEAS exhibit a moderate-to-high academic preparedness to learn nursing content. Likewise, individuals achieving an overall score on one of the two categories lower than Proficient exhibit low levels of preparedness to learn nursing content.
- Create an ATI account (You will find this on the login screen.)
- Institution: St Elizabeth SON IN
- Complete the registration (skip Student ID and credentials)
- Expected graduation date (4 years)
- Accept the user terms and conditions
- Login to Account
- Go to Online Store
- Register for TEAS
- Once your score is received, it will be evaluated along with your high school course grades, GPA and SAT/ACT Scores and any post-secondary schooling transcripts.
Additional Resources for Success
AVAILABLE THROUGH ONLINE STORE IN YOUR ATI ACCOUNT:
- ATI TEAS Study Manual – Sixth Ed.
- ATI TEAS Study Package
- ATI TEAS Online Practice Assessment Package
- ATI TEAS Online Practice Assessment Form A
- ATI TEAS Online Practice Assessment Form B
TEAS TEST REVIEW GUIDE (click to view)
TEAS EXEMPTION: A student applying for admission is EXEMPT from the TEAS requirement if he/she is: A recent high school graduate within three (3) years with a high school GPA of 3.5 or above AND a Scholastic Aptitude Test (SAT) score of 1000 combined on Evidence-Based Reading and Writing (EBRW) and Math or an American College Test (ACT) composite score of 22. Or, a student with college transfer credit of 30 or more hours completed AND a transfer GPA of 3.3 or above.