To view available scholarships, visit our scholarship page.
STE Federal code: 006257
Nearly 90% of all students who enter St. Elizabeth rely on some financial aid to help pay for their costs of attending. In order for a student to be considered for federal aid, the student must complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), at www.fafsa.gov. You need to first request an FSA User ID at https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/fafsa/filling-out/fsaid. Parents of dependent students will also need to request an FSA User ID before completing the online FAFSA form.
Students may begin the FAFSA process on October 1. For Indiana residents to be considered for Indiana State Grants in addition to Federal Aid, the student must assure that the FAFSA is received at the processor no later than April 15 preceding the year for which the student is applying for aid. To meet the receipt date of April 15, we encourage students to apply no later than April 1.
FAFSA Checks Eligibility for the Following Aid:
- Federal Pell Grant - need-based, no repayment
- Federal SEOG - supplemental need-based grant, no repayment
- Federal Direct Stafford Loan - repayment begins 6 months following the date the student ceases to be enrolled half-time – if the loan is unsubsidized, the student has the option of paying the interest while they are enrolled
- Federal Direct Parent PLUS Loan - available to the parents of dependent students, begins repayment when loan is fully disbursed, annual limit = cost of attendance less aid received.
- For Indiana Residents whose FAFSA forms are received at the processor by April 15 and who attend an eligible Indiana post-secondary institution:
- Indiana Freedom of Choice Grant – need-based, no repayment, for Indiana residents attending private institutions located in the state
- Indiana 21st Century Scholars
Important Financial Aid Dates
October 1 - April 15: File the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) to be considered for Indiana State grants. The FAFSA must be received by the processor no later than April15.
April 15: Students filing after this date should apply for a Pell Grant by completing the FAFSA. Students filing after this date will only be considered for campus-based aid when and if possible.
April: Award notifications are normally sent to all new applicants whose files are complete. With FAFSA being available on October 1 now, award notifications are likely to be mailed earlier if application is received earlier.
July: Final State Grant amounts are announced by the Indiana Commission of Higher Education.